Although the law requires that the money be used for „charitable“ purposes and for the „public good,“ most of it appears to have gone to friends of the court.  The Crown sold many chanteries to individuals; For example, Thomas Bell of Gloucester bought at least five in his town in 1548. The law stipulated that the Crown was to guarantee a pension to all Chantry priests expelled by its implementation. Analysis of later medieval wills showed that chantry came in many forms. An eternal song consisted of one or more priests, in a detached private chapel usually authorized by the local bishop (such as the one who survived in Noseley, Leicestershire) or in a corridor of a larger church. When the songs were in religious communities, they were sometimes led by a guard or archpriest. These chantries usually had constitutions that determined the conditions under which priests could be appointed and how they should be supervised. Eternal singing was the most prestigious and expensive option for the rich citizen or noble. A smaller option was to equip it with a temporary song to fund masses sung by one or two priests on a side altar.
Terms that ranged from one to ten years were more common than the eternal diversity of the Chantry. The word „chantry“ is derived from the ancient French cantor and the Latin cantare (song).  Its medieval derivative Cantaria means „license to sing the Mass“. The French term for this memorial is chapellenie (pastoral).  Other monastic orders benefited from this movement, but were also burdened by the commemoration. The history of the Cistercian house Bordesley (Worcestershire), a royal abbey, shows it: in the middle of the 12th century, it offered the services of two priestly monks, probably to say Mass, for the soul of Robert of Stafford; between 1162 and 1173 he offered the services of six other monks to the souls of Earl Hugh of Chester and his family. This kind of devotion of prayer to certain people was a step towards the institutional art of singing.  King Philip II of France donated priests to Notre-Dame Cathedral in Paris for the soul of Duke Geoffroy. John, Earl of Mortain, the youngest son of Henry II, also created foundations in the form of a chantry: in 1192 he founded the collegiate church of Bakewell in Derbyshire for the construction of a prebendary at Lichfield Cathedral; the owner should celebrate Mass for John`s soul forever. The concept of institutional chantry thus developed in the 1180s in English and French royal circles, rich enough to equip them. Most importantly, we help our clients optimize their legal fees. And help them increase their profits, save time, and work more efficiently First of all, a chant could mean prayers and liturgy in the Christian church for the benefit of the dead, as part of the search for atonement for the sins they have committed during their lives.
 It could include the Mass and therefore also the endowment that remains for the purpose of continuing prayers and liturgy. The family of King Henry II of England (1154-1189) contributed significantly to religious patronage. Henry II founded at least one daily mass for his soul through his donation of the manor of Lingoed in Gwent to Dore Abbey in Herefordshire; He provided the eternal services of four monk priests. In 1183, the king lost his eldest son, Henry the Younger King. In 1185, his third son, Geoffroy, Duke of Brittany, died during a tournament near Paris. Henry II commemorated his sons by founding what resembled the classical institutional feeling: he donated altars and priests in the cathedral of Rouen forever for the soul of the young Henry. A chantry is an ecclesiastical term that can have one of two related meanings: It could be called a kind of „trust fund“ established in England during the pre-Reformation Middle Ages to employ one or more priests to sing a fixed number of ministries for the benefit of the soul of a particular deceased person. usually the donor who had specified the Chantry in his will. There could be a fixed period of time immediately after his death. Assistance in the resolution of legal fees, fees and pricing issues for law firms and businesses. At the time of dissolution, the Chantries were abolished and their property was sold or granted to persons through the Court of Augmentations at the discretion of Henry and his son King Edward VI.
Many Tudor businessmen, such as Thomas Bell (1486-1566) of Gloucester, acquired chantries as financial investments for life after death, but the income streams in the here and now came from Chantry`s rents; Or Chantry`s assets could be „unbundled“ and sold on a piecemeal basis for profit.  The current theory described by Colvin (2000) situates the origins of the Chantry in the rapid expansion of regular monasteries in the 11th century. Cluny Abbey and its hundreds of daughter houses were the focus of attention: the Cluniac Order emphasized a sophisticated liturgy as the center of its common life, developed an incomparable liturgy for the dead, and offered its advantages to its patrons. In the 1150s, the Order had so many requests for masses of the dead that Peter the Venerable imposed a moratorium on other foundations. Many Chantry altars were richly decorated, often with gold furniture and precious robes. Over the centuries, the Chantries have increased in ornamentation, often attracting new donors and Chantry priests. The fees that could afford to employ them in many cases enjoyed great wealth. Sometimes this has led to a falsification of the consecrated life expected of the clergy. This also generally led to an accumulation of great wealth and power in the Church, beyond the feudal control of the crown. This apparent accumulation of assets was one of the pretexts used by King Henry VIII to order the dissolution of monasteries in England.  An example of the fate of an abolished chanterie is St.
Anne`s Chapel in Barnstaple, Devon: his fortune was acquired by the mayor of Barnstaple and others in 1585, some time after the dissolution of the monasteries. The fief of 1 November 1585 exists in the George Grant Francis collection in Swansea, which is summarized as follows: Second, a Chantry Chapel is a building on private land or a dedicated area or altar in a parish church or cathedral specially reserved or built for the priest to perform the „duties of Chantry“.